Already have a library account? Log in here. Use a personal PC/laptop/device as there may be compatibility issues with the .mil. All registration links and directions are provided on the database login page.
- Whether you are a first-time undergrad or a returning graduate student, we can assist you with navigating your library databases. Stop in for a tutorial or schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Language Database – Click on the link below to register.
- Mango Languages: 72 Languages. Pick one and conquer the world. Create a profile to keep track of your progress. Please visit the library for login information. App available
Research and Educational Resources Database Descriptions
- Consumer Reports: Provides access to 1,000+ ratings, reviews, expert buying advice, product comparisons, consumer user reviews, and product video clips.
- Small Engine Repair: EBSCO’s Small Engine Repair Reference Center contains 410 reference books with original photos and illustrations for small engine repair assistance. This collection of full-text content provides detailed, user-friendly repair guides for all types of small engines.
- Home Improvement Reference Center: Provides tips and tricks on how to fix a leaky faucet, install a new fan or plan your outdoor projects. This user-friendly database offers full-text content from leading home improvement magazines, images not found anywhere else online, and nearly 100 videos of popular home repair projects.
- Crafts/Hobbies: Check out EBSCO’s Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center for creative ideas and detailed “how to” instructions. EBSCO can help whether your hobby is performing arts, science experiments, model building, arts & crafts or more.
- Chilton Library: Gale’s Chilton Library provides access to automotive repair information for thousands of year, make and model combinations covering the most popular vehicles of the past 30 years, plus additional coverage of specialty models.
- Gale Resources: Career Transitions, Chilton Library, Global Issues in Context, and more.
- Global Issues in Context: Supports global awareness and provides a global perspective while tying together a wealth of authoritative content, empowering learners to critically analyze and understand the most important issues of the modern world. Integrating news, global viewpoints, reference materials, country information, primary source documents, videos, statistics, and more in a single search – Global Issues In Context is updated daily and offers 250 different country topic pages and more than 400 Issue pages.
- Health and Wellness: Offers access to full-text medical journals, magazines, reference works, multimedia, and much more. This comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices for researchers of all levels. Use password usaf if prompted.
- Interactive Science: Gale users can manipulate and explore 3D interactive models, allowing students to visualize and understand concepts in biology, chemistry, earth and space science. Reference and periodical content provide additional context for further understanding.
- Legal Forms: Provides a wide selection of state-specific (and multi-state) legal forms across the most popular legal areas. Includes real estate contracts, wills, pre-marital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others. Also included is a comprehensive attorney state directory and a dictionary of legal definitions explained in laymen’s language.
- Small Business Builder: Helps patrons interested in planning and optimizing their businesses or nonprofits. Built for aspiring entrepreneurs and those with existing small businesses, it provides a step-by-step process supported by a rich variety of recognized tools that enable users to produce complete business plans and other documents essential for gaining access to capital and growing their enterprise. Use password usaf if prompted.
- Military OneSource: Military OneSource provides free, online resources to service members and their families via the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library . You’ll find eBooks and audiobooks on virtually every topic, as well as databases and reference manuals that can help you learn a new skill, keep kids engaged and serve as a homework source, or prepare you to land your next job.
- Ancestry Library Edition: Unlock the story of your family using more than 8,000 resources from Ancestry Library Edition.
- Britannica Academic: Allows fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The rich combination of Encyclopedia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, magazines, periodicals and many other research tools provides a variety of reliable sources.
- CultureGrams: Provides concise, reliable and up-to-date reports on more than 200 countries, each U.S. state and all 13 Canadian provinces and territories. Information includes facts and figures, as well as an insider’s perspective on daily life and culture, including history, customs and lifestyles of people around the world.
- EDX: Access 2500+ Online Courses from 140 Top Institutions.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Academic Edition: The Encyclopedia Britannica Academic Edition provides fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The combination of Encyclopedia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, magazines, periodicals and many other research tools provides a variety of reliable sources.
- Fold3: Fold3 Library Edition allows users to access to US military records, including the stories, photos and personal documents of those who served from the Revolutionary War onward.
- FreedomFlix: FreedomFlix (from Scholastic) is a digital literacy resource that brings history to life by capturing the dramatic and defining moments in American history. It features dynamic e-books of the Children’s Press best-selling Cornerstones of Freedom series that include embedded popup features such as maps, timelines, virtual tour clips, primary source videos and audio clips.
- ImageQuest: Brings lesson plans, assignments and projects to life with over three million rights-cleared images from 62 leading collections.
- Modern States: Take tuition-free, high quality courses online from top institutions for college credit.
- Morningstar: MorningStar provides information and advice on mutual funds, stocks, exchange-traded funds and market returns. Users can track investments, access daily market news and commentary, view snapshots on investments and interact on the research center forums.
- Safari Books: Safari Books Online is a leading e-reference resource for technology and business professionals; providing access to over 57,000 eBooks, videos, and tutorials featuring technology, digital media & professional development topics.
- Scholastic Teachables: Scholastic Teachables – (PreK – 6th Grade) Scholastic Teachables offers printable activities for any subject. Over 25,000 teacher created, vetted printables to support your instruction.
- ScienceFlix: Offering more than 50 complete units of study with over 6500 science-related assets in a variety of media, ScienceFlix (from Scholastic) provides students with a better understanding of science concepts and ideas through hands-on projects, videos, multiple text types, interactive features and more.
- TrueFlix: Offering dozens of units to supplement social studies and science core curricula learning, TrueFlix (from Scholastic) helps students improve literacy skills, build content-area knowledge, and cultivate the critical skills necessary for academic success and college and career readiness.
- Weiss Financial Ratings: Provides access to financial literacy tools on retirement planning, home and mortgage, insurance strategies, and saving for your child’s education.
- Press Reader: Delivers over 5,000 newspapers from 100 countries in 60 languages.
- Wall Street Journal: Access The Wall Street Journal from anywhere! Simply click on the WSJ link to create your account and you can start reading immediately! Your access will be available for the next 90 days. After 90 days, simply come back and click the link again and login as an existing user with the same username and password you originally created.
Training/Special Interest Databases
- Learning Express: EBSCO’s LearningExpress DoD Test Prep is designed specifically for current and retired service members and their families. This eResource provides access to: military test prep (ASTB-E, ASVAB, Military Flight Aptitude Test, Officer Candidate Tests, etc.); CLEP, DSST, TOEFL iBT, IELTS, SAT prep; resources for military transition to civilian careers; career certification exam prep for a wide range of occupations including air traffic controller, firefighter, electrician, border patrol, etc.; learning resources for elementary, middle school, high school, and college students; GED, HiSET, and TASC prep; job search and workplace skills improvement; popular software programs tutorials (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop); and much, much, more. App available.
- Tutor.com: The children (grades K-12) of all Active Duty military and Active Reserve can get help from a professional tutor anytime they need it with Tutor.com. Tutors are online and available to help 24/7, offering assistance in 16 different subject areas. Free mobile companion “Tutor.com To Go” for iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch is also available.
- Universal Class: Universal Class offers over 500 online courses on a wide range of subjects/levels. Courses are available 24/7, are instructor led, & self-paced. Some courses offer CEUs. Subject areas include: Computers and Technology, Personal Finance, Crafts and Hobbies, Homeschooling, Professional Development and many more.