Please visit your AF library or AF Library and Resources Portal Page for help on getting set up with the following programs. Additional databases available through the AF Library and Resources Portal Page or Military OneSource.
- Some databases will require a login provided by your AF library or are in-library use only.
- Whether you are a first-time undergrad or a returning graduate student, we can assist you with navigating your library databases. Stop in for a tutorial or schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Research and Educational Resources
- Academic Search Premier: Academic Search Ultimate from EBSCOhost offers users an unprecedented collection of peer-reviewed, full-text journals, including many journals indexed in leading citation indexes. The combination of academic journals, magazines, periodicals, reports, books and videos meets the needs of scholars in virtually every discipline ranging from astronomy, anthropology, biomedicine, engineering, health, law and literacy to mathematics, pharmacology, women’s studies, zoology, and more. EBSCO login required.
- Consumer Reports: Provides access to 1,000+ ratings, reviews, expert buying advice, product comparisons, consumer user reviews, and product video clips. EBSCO login required.
- EBSCO: Database include: Academic Search Premier, Small Engine Repair, and Military and Government News Collection. EBSCO login required.
- Small Business Reference Center: Offers exclusive full text for over 450 top consumer small business reference books, more than 400 full text periodicals, as well as the necessary tools and instructions to address a wide-range of small business topics. In addition, SBRC provides over 600 business videos, a help and advice section, and information on how to create business plans. EBSCO login required.
- Small Engine Repair: EBSCO’s Small Engine Repair Reference Center contains 410 reference books with original photos and illustrations for small engine repair assistance. This collection of full-text content provides detailed, user-friendly repair guides for all types of small engines. EBSCO login required.
- Career Transitions: Career Transitions from Gale provides job seekers with multi-faceted job searching and related activities for creating resumes and cover letters, as well as applying and preparing for interviews. Users can also explore careers by discovering interests, identifying new opportunities based on work or military experience, exploring growing career paths, including green and new economy jobs, and finding education and training.
- Chilton Library: Gale’s Chilton Library provides access to automotive repair information for thousands of year, make and model combinations covering the most popular vehicles of the past 30 years, plus additional coverage of specialty models.
- Gale Resources: Career Transitions, Chilton Library, Global Issues in Context, and more.
- Global Issues in Context: Supports global awareness and provides a global perspective while tying together a wealth of authoritative content, empowering learners to critically analyze and understand the most important issues of the modern world. Integrating news, global viewpoints, reference materials, country information, primary source documents, videos, statistics, and more in a single search – Global Issues In Context is updated daily and offers 250 different country topic pages and more than 400 Issue pages.
- Health and Wellness: Offers access to full-text medical journals, magazines, reference works, multimedia, and much more. This comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices for researchers of all levels. Use password usaf if prompted.
- Interactive Science: Gale users can manipulate and explore 3D interactive models, allowing students to visualize and understand concepts in biology, chemistry, earth and space science. Reference and periodical content provide additional context for further understanding.
- Legal Forms: Provides a wide selection of state-specific (and multi-state) legal forms across the most popular legal areas. Includes real estate contracts, wills, pre-marital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others. Also included is a comprehensive attorney state directory and a dictionary of legal definitions explained in laymen’s language.
- Small Business Builder: Helps patrons interested in planning and optimizing their businesses or nonprofits. Built for aspiring entrepreneurs and those with existing small businesses, it provides a step-by-step process supported by a rich variety of recognized tools that enable users to produce complete business plans and other documents essential for gaining access to capital and growing their enterprise. Use password usaf if prompted.
- Military OneSource: Military OneSource provides free, online resources to service members and their families via the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library . You’ll find eBooks and audiobooks on virtually every topic, as well as databases and reference manuals that can help you learn a new skill, keep kids engaged and serve as a homework source, or prepare you to land your next job.
- Ancestry Library Edition: Unlock the story of your family using more than 8,000 resources from Ancestry Library Edition.
- Britannica Academic: Allows fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The rich combination of Encyclopedia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, magazines, periodicals and many other research tools provides a variety of reliable sources.
- CultureGrams: Provides concise, reliable and up-to-date reports on more than 200 countries, each U.S. state and all 13 Canadian provinces and territories. Information includes facts and figures, as well as an insider’s perspective on daily life and culture, including history, customs and lifestyles of people around the world. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Academic Edition: The Encyclopedia Britannica Academic Edition provides fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The combination of Encyclopedia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, magazines, periodicals and many other research tools provides a variety of reliable sources. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Fold3: Fold3 Library Edition allows users to access to US military records, including the stories, photos and personal documents of those who served from the Revolutionary War onward.
- FreedomFlix: FreedomFlix (from Scholastic) is a digital literacy resource that brings history to life by capturing the dramatic and defining moments in American history. It features dynamic e-books of the Children’s Press best-selling Cornerstones of Freedom series that include embedded popup features such as maps, timelines, virtual tour clips, primary source videos and audio clips.
- ImageQuest: Brings lesson plans, assignments and projects to life with over three million rights-cleared images from 62 leading collections
- Morningstar: MorningStar provides information and advice on mutual funds, stocks, exchange-traded funds and market returns. Users can track investments, access daily market news and commentary, view snapshots on investments and interact on the research center forums. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Safari Books: Safari Books Online is a leading e-reference resource for technology and business professionals; providing access to over 57,000 eBooks, videos, and tutorials featuring technology, digital media & professional development topics. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Scholastic GO!: Providing credible, accurate, reliable content on almost every core-curricula subject, the Scholastic GO! Search engine offers endless resources for research in a multitude of media. Explore nonfiction texts, world newspapers, videos and more with this easy-to-navigate digital resource designed to strengthen content knowledge, vocabulary, and core proficiency skills. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- ScienceFlix: Offering more than 50 complete units of study with over 6500 science-related assets in a variety of media, ScienceFlix (from Scholastic) provides students with a better understanding of science concepts and ideas through hands-on projects, videos, multiple text types, interactive features and more. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- TrueFlix: Offering dozens of units to supplement social studies and science core curricula learning, TrueFlix (from Scholastic) helps students improve literacy skills, build content-area knowledge, and cultivate the critical skills necessary for academic success and college and career readiness. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- US Major Dailies: Provides full-text, same day publication access to five major US newspapers: New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, and Washington Post. New content available by 8 AM U.S. Eastern time each day.
- Weiss Financial Ratings: Provides access to financial literacy tools on retirement planning, home and mortgage, insurance strategies, and saving for your child’s education.
- US Major Dailies: Provides full-text, same day publication access to five major US newspapers: New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, and Washington Post. New content available by 8 AM U.S. Eastern time each day. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Federal Soup: Federal Daily provides access to the Federal Employees News Digest (FEND), with weekly updates, opinion and advice on federal employee pay and benefits policies and developments, including coverage of legal cases, benefits options review, and general federal employment news. It also provides access to the Federal Employees Almanac, which is updated annually with the latest federal employment policies regarding pay, medical and insurance benefits, time off and transition rules, retirement plans such as CSRS, FERS and TSP, and topics specific to federal agencies, USPS, and other resources. Available through the AF Portal.
- Press Reader: Delivers over 5,000 newspapers from 100 countries in 60 languages. Available through the AF Portal or visit the library for login information.
Training/Special Interest Databases
- BrainHQ: BrainHQ is an online brain-training system that offers 29 exercises specialized to work out your attention, brain speed, memory, people skills, navigation, and intelligence. Whether you decide to design your own program (choosing exercises and workouts that meet your personal interests, mood, and schedule), or use the personalized trainer feature, BrainHQ will provide personal workouts that adapt in difficulty so that you’ll always be training at your optimum level. Visit the library for login information. App available.
- CLEP Comex Streaming Videos: Provides 80 CLEP review lessons in 16 different subject areas including: Algebra, American Government, American Literature, Analyzing Literature, Biology, Business Law, Chemistry, Composition, Humanities, Mathematics, Natural Science, Principles of Management, Psychology, Social Science, US History I, and US History II. Visit the library for login information
- Learning Express: EBSCO’s LearningExpress DoD Test Prep is designed specifically for current and retired service members and their families. This eResource provides access to: military test prep (ASTB-E, ASVAB, Military Flight Aptitude Test, Officer Candidate Tests, etc.); CLEP, DSST, TOEFL iBT, IELTS, SAT prep; resources for military transition to civilian careers; career certification exam prep for a wide range of occupations including air traffic controller, firefighter, electrician, border patrol, etc.; learning resources for elementary, middle school, high school, and college students; GED, HiSET, and TASC prep; job search and workplace skills improvement; popular software programs tutorials (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop); and much, much, more. Visit the library for login information. App available.
- Tutor.com: The children (grades K-12) of all Active Duty military and Active Reserve can get help from a professional tutor anytime they need it with Tutor.com. Tutors are online and available to help 24/7, offering assistance in 16 different subject areas. Free mobile companion “Tutor.com To Go” for iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch is also available.
- Universal Class: Universal Class offers over 500 online courses on a wide range of subjects/levels. Courses are available 24/7, are instructor led, & self-paced. Some courses offer CEUs. Subject areas include: Computers and Technology, Personal Finance, Crafts and Hobbies, Homeschooling, Professional Development and many more.
- Mango Languages: 72 Languages. Pick one and conquer the world. Create a profile to keep track of your progress. Please visit the library for login information. App available.