When the new fiscal year begins on 1 October, you will see some changes to the available online resources that are offered by the Air Force Library Program. Several resources will no longer be available. These include: Overdrive, CLEP Streaming Videos, some EBSCO resources, some GALE resources, Stratfor, Global Incident Map, ComicsPlus (in RBDigital), and Books-in-Print. We are hopeful that some of these resources will be restored as soon as FY19 budget details are worked out. If/when resources are restored we will let you know as soon as we possibly can. For information on print resources and other options for accessing online resources, please stop by and speak with library staff. Thank you for your understanding – Eglin Library
Please visit your AF library or AF Portal for help on getting set up with the following programs. Some databases will require a login provided by your AF library.
- EBSCO eBook Collection: Offers over 8,000 eBooks: reference, scientific/technical, business, health/medical, career, education, literature, and military. Visit the library for login information. EBSCO login required.
- EBSCO Audiobook Collection: Wide range of audiobooks in different subjects and categories available for download. Login with your EBSCOhost account to start downloading today (software download required). Visit the library for login information. EBSCO login required.
- BookFLIX: BookFlix (from Scholastic) is a digital literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction titles to reinforce early reading skills and develop real-world knowledge. This cultivates key reading skills, supports reluctant readers and ELL students, and builds fluency, vocabulary, and reading comprehension. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Hoopla: Hoopla is a digital media service that allows users to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, eBooks, comics, and TV shows to enjoy on their computers, tablets, phones, or TV. With no waiting, users can borrow up to 5 titles per month. These titles can either be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later via the hoopla app (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Roku). Visit the library for login information. PLEASE NOTE: Site does NOT support Internet Explorer (IE). App available.
- NoveList Plus: Helps readers discover books they want to read and connects them to library collections. Currently, the NoveList Plus database contains information on 500,000+ popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles for all ages. EBSCO login required.
- NoveList Plus K-8: Provides a trusted source of information curated specifically for younger readers. It helps kids find books that are just right for their reading level and interests. EBSCO login required.
- RBDigital (formerly OneClick): Provides a wide selection of eBooks and unabridged audiobooks for checkout and download to a computer or portable device. Sign in using your existing RBdigital account or visit the library for login information. App available.
- RBDigital Magazines (formerly Zinio): Allows you to read over 650 popular news and special interest digital magazines online, or you can download them to your PC, MAC, app-enabled Tablet or smart phone. Use your personal email to validate your accounts. Sign in using your existing RBdigital account or visit the library for login information. App available.
- Artistworks Music Lessons: Provides access to hundreds of video lessons in guitar, piano, drums, ukulele, bluegrass, classical, jazz, hip-hop scratch, and more. Submit practice videos and get direct feedback from your video instructor. Sign in using your existing RBdigital account or visit the library for login information. App available.
- IndieFlix: Provides over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and Web series from 85 countries. View films from major festivals all over the world, including Sundance, Cannes, Tribeca, and more. Watch movies on any Internet-enabled computer, smartphone, or tablet with a Web browser. Also available on Roku, Xbox, and Apple TV. Sign in using your existing RBdigital account or visit the library for login information. App available.
- Qello Concerts: Features over 1700 live moments in music history with the world’s largest collection of full-length concerts and music documentaries streamed on-demand to just about any digital device. It’s like a never-ending concert ticket. From the 1920s to today’s hottest artists. Sign in using your existing RBdigital account or visit the library for login information. App available.
- US Major Dailies: Provides full-text, same day publication access to five major US newspapers: New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, and Washington Post. New content available by 8 AM U.S. Eastern time each day. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Federal Soup: Federal Daily provides access to the Federal Employees News Digest (FEND), with weekly updates, opinion and advice on federal employee pay and benefits policies and developments, including coverage of legal cases, benefits options review, and general federal employment news. It also provides access to the Federal Employees Almanac, which is updated annually with the latest federal employment policies regarding pay, medical and insurance benefits, time off and transition rules, retirement plans such as CSRS, FERS and TSP, and topics specific to federal agencies, USPS, and other resources. Available through the AF Portal.
- Press Reader: Delivers over 5,000 newspapers from 100 countries in 60 languages. Available through the AF Portal or visit the library for login information.