Please visit your AF library or AF Library and Resources Portal Page for help on getting set up with the following programs. Additional databases available through the AF Library and Resources Portal Page or USAFServices.com.
- Some databases will require a login provided by your AF library or are in-library use only.
- Whether you are a first-time undergrad or a returning graduate student, we can assist you with navigating your library databases. Stop in for a tutorial or schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Research and Educational Resources
- Academic Search Premier: Provides full text articles from more than 4,000 scholarly peer-reviewed journals, popular magazines, and news sources, covering a wide variety of topics. Indexing and abstracts are available for nearly 12,000 peer-reviewed journals, as well as API video content from 1930 to the present. EBSCO login required.
- Consumer Reports: Provides access to 1,000+ ratings, reviews, expert buying advice, product comparisons, consumer user reviews, and product video clips. EBSCO login required.
- EBSCO: Database include: Academic Search Premier, Small Engine Repair, Consumer Health, and Military and Government News Collection. EBSCO login required.
- Small Business Reference Center: Offers exclusive full text for over 450 top consumer small business reference books, more than 400 full text periodicals, as well as the necessary tools and instructions to address a wide-range of small business topics. In addition, SBRC provides over 600 business videos, a help and advice section, and information on how to create business plans. EBSCO login required.
- Small Engine Repair: EBSCO’s Small Engine Repair Reference Center contains 410 reference books with original photos and illustrations for small engine repair assistance. This collection of full-text content provides detailed, user-friendly repair guides for all types of small engines. EBSCO login required.
- Career Transitions: Career Transitions from Gale provides job seekers with multi-faceted job searching and related activities for creating resumes and cover letters, as well as applying and preparing for interviews. Users can also explore careers by discovering interests, identifying new opportunities based on work or military experience, exploring growing career paths, including green and new economy jobs, and finding education and training.
- Chilton Library: Gale’s Chilton Library provides access to automotive repair information for thousands of year, make and model combinations covering the most popular vehicles of the past 30 years, plus additional coverage of specialty models.
- Gale Resources: Career Transitions, Chilton Library, Global Issues in Context, and more.
- Health Reference Center: Gale provides access to medical and professional periodicals, health and fitness magazines, and reference books and pamphlets. The database is designed for both nursing and allied health students as well as consumer health researchers. The material contained in this database is intended for informational purposes only.
- Interactive Science: Gale users can manipulate and explore 3D interactive models, allowing students to visualize and understand concepts in biology, chemistry, earth and space science. Reference and periodical content provide additional context for further understanding.
- National Geographic Kids: Provides reputable, authoritative, and appropriate content for children aged 6-14 in the subject areas of science, nature, culture, archaeology, and space. Includes National Geographic Kids magazine (2009-present), books, downloadable images, and kid-friendly videos. Also features access to National Geographic: People, Animals, and the World which features full-text books, downloadable images, full-color maps, atlases, and videos, as well as National Geographic Traveler magazines (2010-present).
- National Geographic Virtual Library: Supports a range of scholarly research needs in the areas of science, history, technology, the environment, cultures, and more. Includes complete National Geographic magazine issues from 1888 to present, all indexed and completely searchable.
Military OneSource Databases
- Military OneSource: Military OneSource provides free, online resources to service members and their families via the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library . You’ll find eBooks and audiobooks on virtually every topic, as well as databases and reference manuals that can help you learn a new skill, keep kids engaged and serve as a homework source, or prepare you to land your next job.
- CultureGrams: Provides concise, reliable and up-to-date reports on more than 200 countries, each U.S. state and all 13 Canadian provinces and territories. Information includes facts and figures, as well as an insider’s perspective on daily life and culture, including history, customs and lifestyles of people around the world. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Academic Edition: Provides fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The combination of Encyclopedia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, magazines, periodicals and many other research tools provides a variety of reliable sources. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- HeritageQuest: HeritageQuest delivers a comprehensive resource for genealogy research consisting of six core data sets. Users can search the U.S. Federal Censuses covering more than 140 million names, genealogy and local history books, a periodical source index, Revolutionary War records, Freedman’s Bank records, and the LexisNexis U.S. Serial Set. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Morningstar: MorningStar provides information and advice on mutual funds, stocks, exchange-traded funds and market returns. Users can track investments, access daily market news and commentary, view snapshots on investments and interact on the research center forums. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- Safari Books: Safari Books Online is a leading e-reference resource for technology and business professionals; providing access to over 54,897 eBooks, videos, and tutorials featuring technology, digital media & professional development topics. Available through the AF Portal and the Air Force Library Information Services E-Library.
- Scholastic GO!: Providing credible, accurate, reliable content on almost every core-curricula subject, the Scholastic GO! Search engine offers endless resources for research in a multitude of media. Explore nonfiction texts, world newspapers, videos and more with this easy-to-navigate digital resource designed to strengthen content knowledge, vocabulary, and core proficiency skills. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- ScienceFlix: Offering more than 50 complete units of study with over 6500 science-related assets in a variety of media, ScienceFlix (from Scholastic) provides students with a better understanding of science concepts and ideas through hands-on projects, videos, multiple text types, interactive features and more. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- TrueFlix: Offering dozens of units to supplement social studies and science core curricula learning, TrueFlix (from Scholastic) helps students improve literacy skills, build content-area knowledge, and cultivate the critical skills necessary for academic success and college and career readiness. Available through the AF Portal and the MWR Digital Library.
- BrainHQ: An online brain-training system that offers 29 exercises specialized to work out your attention, brain speed, memory, people skills, navigation, and intelligence. Whether you decide to design your own program (choosing exercises and workouts that meet your personal interests, mood, and schedule), or use the personalized trainer feature, BrainHQ will provide personal workouts that adapt in difficulty so that you’ll always be training at your optimum level. Visit the library for login information. App available.
- Comex CLEP Video Lectures: 80 CLEP review lessons in 16 different subject areas including: Algebra, American Government, American Literature, Analyzing Literature, Biology, Business Law, Chemistry, Composition, Humanities, Mathematics, Natural Science, Principles of Management, Psychology, Social Science, US History I, and US History II. Visit the library for login information.
- Learning Express: EBSCO’s LearningExpress DoD Test Prep is designed specifically for current and retired service members and their families. This eResource provides access to: military test prep (ASTB-E, ASVAB, Military Flight Aptitude Test, Officer Candidate Tests, etc.); CLEP, DSST, TOEFL iBT, IELTS, SAT prep; resources for military transition to civilian careers; career certification exam prep for a wide range of occupations including air traffic controller, firefighter, electrician, border patrol, etc.; learning resources for elementary, middle school, high school, and college students; GED, HiSET, and TASC prep; job search and workplace skills improvement; popular software programs tutorials (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop); and much, much, more. Visit the library for login information. App available.
- DSST Review Streaming Videos are Coming! Videos will start to appear in February 2017, with all videos being online by April 2017. Detailed release schedule coming soon.Also note: You now have online, printable, and portable access to ALL DSST test preparation titles!
- For CLEP Fact Sheets: https://clep.collegeboard.org/exams/offered
- For DSST Fact Sheets: http://getcollegecredit.com/testprepPeterson’s: Online test prep for CLEP, DSST, ASVAB, GRE and more.
- Tutor.com: Get help from a professional tutor anytime. Tutors are online and available to help 24/7, offering assistance in 16 different subjects, writing an effective resume, and professional proofreading.
- Universal Class: Take a self-paced online class in 40 different subject areas. Visit library for login information.
- Mango Languages: 72 Languages. Pick one and conquer the world. Create a profile to keep track of your progress. Please visit the library for login information. App available.